Take the stars with you wherever you go
- An astronomy app that fits in your USB memory sitck
- Loads of information about planets, stars, constellations and more
- May only appeal to astronomy lovers
- No highly detailed imagery
Stellarium is a popular open source astronomy application that enables you to gaze at stars from the comfort of your own home. And now with Stellarium Portable you can put the whole universe in your pocket.
Stellarium Portable offers the same tools, options and functionality as its desktop version, only with this one you can install it on any USB device and use it on any PC without leaving traces on the system. The only requirement is that the host PC needs to be powerful enough to render the maximum quality.
With Stellarium Portable you'll be able to look at the sky from any location in the World, which means you can check the different star constellations visible from different areas in the world. Stellarium Portable also lets you add extra information to the image, such as a grid with parallels and meridians, constellation art based on mythological figures and cardinal points, among others.
While Stellarium Portable doesn't include highly-detailed imagery and makes traveling from one point to another a bit confusing sometimes, it's also a very interesting app – as long as you like astronomy. And if not, it also works great as an entertainment for coffee break.
Stellarium Portable is a pocket-sized free planetarium that will please all astronomy fans out there.
- One of the main directions of this version is localization: most of the text used by the default plug-ins is now translatable landscape names are now translatable country names are now translatable scripts names and descriptions are now translatable